More often than not Outlook users face error code 0X80072F06 while working on their mailboxes. This unknown error is simple an OST file error that prohibits you from accessing the emails. So, if you have encountered this type of error on your computer, you’ve come to the right place.
Today, we are going to discuss causes and ways to eliminate the error code 0X80072F06 in Outlook.
Let’s get started.
What is 0X80072F06 error code?
This error simply means that the OST file is not compatible with the current version of the software. Outlook can still work fine with the PST file which only works when you are online. But for offline working to be continuous, you need the OST file to work just fine.
This error can occur whenever the outlook has synchronization failure and some other reasons are listed here as well.
Read more: THE FAST PACED INTERNET WORLD
- Corruption of update problem in .oab file
- Corruption in windows
- Incomplete installation of software
- Recent hardware change without a warrant
The offline address book (OAB) folder includes the information that Outlook needs to open the mailboxes. It contains names, email addresses, etc. and using the OAB folder means the Outlook doesn’t need to tap into the server to connect every time.
There are a couple of fixes for this, and you can try each one of them to figure which one suits the current needs.
Solutions to 0X80072F06 Error Code in Outlook
These methods depend on the knowledge of the user about the products they are using. You have to make some hard choices to get out of this rut.
System Restore –If there is a problem with the corruption or improper installation, you can restore the system to a previous point and the corruption should be resolved.
Open your computer as an administrator and then follow these instructions.
- Now, you need to tap on the Start button and then choose all programs to Accessories to System Tools to System restore.
- Now, you need to click on ‘Restore my system to earlier point’ from the System Restore Section.
- Now, you have to select a restore point from the list and tap on the Next button.
- Confirm the restore and proceed to restore the system to a previous point.
- And then restart the system after the restoration process is completed.
Read more: How to Properly Structure your Website
Remove .oab file – You can also try to remove .oab files because there are high chances that the error is in the .oab files. Deleting the OAB files won’t affect the working as the system will download the latest .oab files from the exchange server.
You can OAB files in your computer and delete them or rename them with .old file extension. Here is how to update .oab files:
In the Latest Outlook versions, you need to follow these steps.
- Open Outlook and click on the Send/Receive tab, then click on Send/Receive Groups, and then click on Download Address Book.
Now, we will look at the automatic method to recover the OST file without any hitch.
Recover OST File and Resolve 0X80072F06Error
As we’ve discussed that 0X80072F06 error is mostly caused by the unknown error in the OST file. So, you can try and recover the OST file from corruption. There is a tool named Shoviv Exchange OST recovery is available to help you in the process.
This tool is available for demo, you can use it to view 50 items per folder and see them working. Once, you are convinced that this is a good tool for you, go for the premium version. It is the best tool you’ll find on the market as it has a lot of features, you will get to know once you use it.
Read more: Is it time for a new WordPress theme?
Here is how you can recover the OST file with OST recovery Tool.
- First, you need to log on to the Shoviv official website and download the OST recovery tool.
- Then, install it on your computer by following some on-screen instructions and launch it.
- Now, click on the Add file button from the top ribbon of the tool.
- Now, you have to browse to the OST file (you can add multiple OST files at once) you need to select for recovery.
- Now, you will see the Outlook-like interface and all the email attachments will be there.
- Right-click on the mailbox and select ‘Save all files in Outlook PST’ option.
- A new wizard will open to export the items to a PST file.
- Choose the destination, select a few options and then click on the Next button.
This will save all the data present in the OST file to a new and fresh PST file. You can now open the PST file in Outlook without a worry.
So, this way you can resolve the 0X80072F06 error code on Outlook.
The third party OST repair tool offers many facility without charge anything. The software provide free trial versions with limited features. In limitation user can save 50 emails from each folder of mailbox with all email properties.